Not a bad Tuesday

  • So, let's see. I finished a work project this morning, cared for Horse, did some tax stuff, did some other work, did a load of laundry, did some shopping. I guess I "did" more than I thought I did.
  • Oh yeah. To celebrate the end of the project I actually polished my nails. It's OPI's "Just a little Rösti at this," which is a vacation memory for me. We were in Cleveland, it was really, really hot, and I decided one afternoon I was going to stay somewhere inside with air conditioning and have my nails polished. Which I did. And Man actually loved the stuff. So I found a bottle of it today and Did It. Polishing your nails is a pretty effective way to slow yourself down, since you can't do much until the stuff hardens. You do have to remember not to drink much beforehand, lest you have to get rid of it again before the polish is completely dry. If you get my drift.

  • Reverb10 prompt (Cali Harris): Prompt: Community. Where have you discovered community, online or otherwise, in 2010? What community would you like to join, create or more deeply connect with in 2011? Not such an easy one for me. I'm not such a big community person in this sense, and I'm getting comfortable with the idea that that's OK. I'm more of a person who's comfortable with the Loved One and a small group of friends. In 2011 I'll be meeting more of Man's friends and colleagues, also a kind of community.
  • Very happy to be able to get back on the bike today, even if the ice prevents me from biking everywhere I'd like to. Much less pain if I don't have to walk much. I certainly hope the temperature goes up a few degrees tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment