Recharged

  • So we slept for about 24 hours this weekend. Besides the fact that I'm barely not getting a cold (ditto for Man), apparently I have gotten a little tired working on the Reverb10 prompt for today, avant la lettre. The prompt, by Scott Belsky, is: "Action. When it comes to aspirations, it's not about ideas. It's about making ideas happen. What's your next step?" Turns out I have been spending the last few weeks getting my a** in gear on a number of projects, some of them concrete (getting the car serviced, figuring out why the kitchen sink has been draining so slowly for months, making an appointment with the vascular surgeon, ewww), some of them not so concrete yet (working on next year's budget, talking to Man about living arrangements, changing my will). Somehow I've gotten the get-up-and-go to actually take steps concerning a few things that have been hanging over my head. And why does it make me tired? Well, actually it doesn't make me tired to tackle things I've been dreading or putting off. It actually frees up energy. The tired part is that I know I don't have the get-up-and-go every day, or even often. So I want to take advantage of it while I can. What would be your next steps to reach some goal or tackle some project? Leave a comment!

No comments:

Post a Comment