OK, we get it

  • OK, we get it. Snow is beautiful. The light is different, the sounds are different. It's beautiful. It's magical. Enough, already!
  • Reverb10 prompt: Moment. Pick one moment during which you felt most alive this year. Describe it in vivid detail (texture, smells, voices, noises, colors). Well, what would that be? I think in any case a moment when I was playing music. When I sit down to play I notice that the muscles and tendons in my hands need warming up, as does the visual processing part of my brain. I feel the cold smoothness of the keys under my fingers. I love to look at the wood the instrument's made of, and I often think of the people who made it. Funnily enough I associate playing music with a room scent; the bottle's always near there and I often spray a little when I play. I feel Man's presence, even if he's not there (he likes to listen to me play and encourages me often). And the sounds of even imperfectly played Bach or Buxtehude reach directly into the heart. This reminds me of yesterday's answer to the prompt: why do I not give myself more of these moments? And let the people around me enjoy them too? Probably perfectionism. How silly. What a waste.

No comments:

Post a Comment