Splints

  • So. Horse has "splints". At some point she must have banged her leg against something, or gotten a kick from one of her girlfriends, something like that. It's something like a bruised bone; the bone is not smooth anymore and is irritating the tendon lying over it. The place has been injected with something I forgot the name of because I was so astounded after hearing the cause of her problem. :-) (Later note: it was hyaluronic acid. Kind of like WD-40 for joints or other moving parts.) When I pick her up tomorrow they'll give me a report and a plan for further treatment. The prognosis is generally good, the vet said.
  • Nothing much else to report. Enjoying the media frenzy about "Wills and Kate". They do look happy, and I hope they stay that way.

No comments:

Post a Comment