What's next?

  • I was intrigued by Barrie Davenport's post, "Make 2011 the Year of You: 49 Days of Preparation" on Live Bold and Bloom. It's designed to help you "put yourself first"; I think it is applicable to any big change(s), whether or not you have problems putting yourself first. The thing I like is the step-by-step approach to identifying goals and identifying the steps needed to reach them: it's actually divided into discrete steps for each of the 49 days until the end of the year. And the plan doesn't ignore the problem of negative thoughts we and others might have. I recognize elements of Getting Things Done, including the need to look at your life from different levels in order to discern what's working and what's not. A very good point is the emphasis on integrating your plans into your social system. For example, the author asks you to share your goals with friends and family and to plan for their reactions. You're also invited to choose two people to whom you'll be accountable with respect to achieving your goals. (That's two people other than yourself. :-) ) And if this all sounds like too much hard work, there are rest days and inspirational articles included. Soooo...I think I'm going to give it a whirl. I love making lists, using notebooks, thinking about what I'd like to do or be. This looks like a great short-term project in which I can do all these things, while paving the way to the realization of important goals. What's not to love?
  • Had a wonderful weekend with Man. I certainly am lucky.
  • The animules, as my favorite uncle always says, seem to be happy. Horse is going to a clinic tomorrow. She's not lame or ill, but her way of moving has not been totally normal. After a check of her back and her saddle it's time to have a more in-depth check. Hope the mist lifts early tomorrow, otherwise we won't be going anywhere. Safety first.

No comments:

Post a Comment